Following the recent release of a more robust and comprehensive Guided Content Framework, new MindTouch Editor Widgets have joined the mix. These new widgets help further streamline the content editing experience for users of MindTouch self-service software.
While the new Editor Widgets might seem minor in comparison to the overarching information architecture they feed into, the two share a similar aim:
Improve the user experience by eliminating variables.
Whereas the Guided Content Framework helps our customers organize content into high-level categories that mimic the way our brains store information, the new MindTouch Editor Widgets allow customers to add, edit, remove, and reorganize page functionality in a user-friendly way that reduces friction and the chance of error.
What Are MindTouch Editor Widgets?
MindTouch Editor Widgets are page editing tools. These allow users to utilize, reuse, and optimize various scripting and coding languages throughout their sites.
- DekiScript – A scripting language exclusive to MindTouch software that allows users to add dynamic elements to knowledge content.
- CSS – Apply user-defined style sheets on a page. If used in a shared template, these can be applied site-wide.
- Path –Create guided learning paths for users to follow.
- Content Reuse – Use existing content—either an entire article or just sections of an article—in another location of your site.
- Navigation Widget – The widgets power Guided Content Framework navigation to orient users and allow them to navigate to various sections across a site.
Here’s how it looks:
Why Update MindTouch Editor Widgets?
Anyone who’s ever created or edited self-service content knows this feeling: don’t touch, don’t touch, you might break something. This can be especially true of advanced coding and scripting languages.
It happens to the best of us.
The new Editor Widgets standardize the appearance of navigation, content, and script widgets so they are easily recognizable. Users can drag and drop widgets, edit or remove them, all while ensuring these widgets occupy the minimal amount of space without restricting functionality.
- Easier content editing experience that improves productivity
- A safer way to implement MindTouch Dekiscript functionality
- Decreased anxiety over advanced functionality that helps reduce friction
Most importantly, MindTouch Editor Widgets enable our customers to make things easier for the real end-user: the customer. How? By enabling content editors and strategists to deliver a more seamless experience without having to spend too much time worrying about configuration.
For more information on MindTouch Editor Widgets, Guided Content Framework, and other features of MindTouch self-service software, head over to the Success Center. Otherwise, stay tuned to the blog for other upcoming updates to the MindTouch product.