Product and Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Support, and Customer Success all need to know what the customer wants to understand, how they are obtaining that information, and why.
The more knowledge you have surrounding your customers, the more powerful your role and your company become. The deeper the customer’s understanding of the product and the brand, the more empowered they are using it and recommending it. Since knowledge has to be communicated, doesn’t it make sense to eliminate as many barriers between creation and consumption as possible? Yet many companies still produce and then store their knowledge in disparate silos, creating content in one tool (or more), translating in another; localizing in one place, then hosting somewhere completely different. And for some companies that goes for both internal and external use cases.
The customer journey down to three simple phases:
- Research: Does your company’s solution fit?
- Whether they are looking into your company or simply stumble upon it while performing a Google search or talking to a peer
- Buy: Does the value justify the spend?
- The information and time needed for making a decision on whether to go with you or a competitor
- Succeed: Can the customer use it well?
- The knowledge and support a customer needs to master using your product or service, leading to renewals, upsells, and ultimately brand-loyal promoters
Which phase does your role exist in? Do you overlap several phases? Do you cover the entire customer journey? If so, you know how many tools you have to use on a daily basis just to deliver an understanding of what you do? The more efficiently and objectively (using analytics/reporting) you can understand the portion of the customer journey you cover, the easier it is to deliver value, and the stronger your role at the company becomes.
MindTouch optimizes the same content needed for sales enablement as it does for product documentation, with a feedback loop that allows customers and employees to communicate directly with the company through both content rankings/reviews and user event data that yields actionable insights. This is all accomplished while providing a robust permissioning structure to control who creates and consumes at different stages of the journey and in different channels.